Wednesday 17 September 2014

Laura Geller So Scrumptious Baked Collection


I recieved the Laura Geller So Scrumptious Baked Collection for birthday last month and while the collection is no longer available the individual components of it are so I thought it was still worth a mention. The collection consists of 5 products and a great little brush. There's a primer, foundation, eye shadow trio, blush-highlighter duo and a lip gloss.


The first product is the Spackle Tinted Under Make-Up Primer in Champagne. This is a tinted version of their Spackle primer which I love. I haven't tried out this champagne version yet however I can't wait to. Spackle is great for keeping make-up in place all day long and providing a flawless base for your foundation, this tinted version also claims to add a little glow.

Next up is Balance-n-Brighten Baked Colour Correcting Foundation. I got porcelain in this set which is my winter colour but while my skin is still a tiny bit darker (not much) I'm using this foundation in fair as my current everyday foundation. I absolutely love it. It's easy to build coverage with and definitely evens out my skin tone to provide an almost perfect (as good as it ever gets for me) skin tone. 

My favourite product from this collection is the Blush-n-Highlight Baked Cheek Colour and Highlight. This shade is Spiced Chai/French Vanilla. Unfortunately I can't find the product on their website which is a shame as I am loving the highlighter from this duo in particular, I use it everyday at the moment to lift my cheekbones a little. It's perfect for contouring and isn't too shimmery. I've only tried the blush once but found it a little dark for me and was scared off it.

The kit also contained a double ended blush and highlighter applicator which is super handy little brush to have. I've been using the sponge end to apply highlighter (as instructed by the box) and the brush end is great for applying blush or contouring with bronzer. 

Finally is the Colour Drenched Lip Gloss in Sugar Cookie. Initially I wasn't a fan of the colour as if you apply it too heavily it gives a glossed version of the 'foundation lips' look. However, when sparing applied it gives a lovely shine to the lips with a pinkish-nude colour. This lip gloss also has the most amazing smell, it reminds me of a vanilla latte, so delicious!

So that's my first impressions of the collection. If you managed to pick it up while it was about I'd love to hear your thoughts too!


2 comments:

  1. this looks like such a lovely collection. I love how the shades are all fairly neutral and wearable :) x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so gorgeous, the eyeshadow trio is definitely my favourite!x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...