Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Years Inspiration

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great year last year and have another one in 2014, I am truly believing that this year the best is yet to come.
For the first post of the 2014 blogger challenge the topic to write about is 'New Years Inspiration', instead of resolutions the idea is to post a quote or image which is inspiring you this year. I got this topic and immediately thought of an F. Scott Fitzgeralsd quote I pinned last year, I'm not sure if it's from one of his books (I'd imagine so) or whether it was something he said once but here it is:



I've chosen this as my 2014 inspiration as I'm really believing this for the coming year. I finish my A-levels, I'm going to South Africa entirely on my own and (finger crossed) I'll be going away to university or failing that starting a gap year. So it's fair to say that things are happening on a big scale, and I love that. This is what I really want for this year, to go places - like South Africa - and see people and for my mind to grow - I'd hope that with everything ahead this year I learn and become at least a little more wise. It's an adventure I'm very much looking forward to.

While I had only intended on sharing one inspiration, I happened to find a second that I feel also very relevant. I don't think I've previously mentioned this on my blog before but I am a Christian and I found this next inspiration while reading my bible, I hope that whether or not you are religious it inspires you too:
"She is a hard worker, strong and industrious. She knows the value of everything she makes, and works late into the night." Proverbs 31:17-18
I hope that this next year I could be a hard worker, I know I'll have to be to achieve everything I want to.

Finally, I know that I said the idea of this topic was not resolutions but inspirations but I found this on pinterest and had to share. I know the bottom of the image says 2013 but it will work for 2014 too.


A bad habit I'm going to break: Time wasting, I know I'm guilty of wasting a lot of time and then having too much to do at once and then doing none of it. If I can start spending my time a little more wisely I think it would save me a lot of stress and maybe even find more time for blogging!

A new skill I'd like to learn: I bought a guitar a few years ago with the intention of learning to play it and then never bothering, to be honest I was probably too busy wasting time! So this coming year, if I can find some time to do it and maybe someone to teach me, I'd like to learn to play my guitar.

A person I hope to be more like: I'm wondering here if it's acceptable to say a fictional character...if I could be more like Hermione Granger it would definitely benefit my exams...

A good deed I'm going to do: I think it's quite hard to come up with a good deed before it's right there for you to do, but this next year I'm going to try and give more, maybe donate things to charity shops, maybe give more of my time, but definitely give more.

A place I'd like to visit: SOUTH AFRICA!! 

A book I'd like to read: There are so so many but I have The Beautiful and Damned sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read so I'd like to get that read this year.

A letter I'm going to write: In terms of letters I need to find places that give bursaries for volunteer trips and write to them about sponsoring my Africa trip as I'm going over there to volunteer, not just for a holiday.

A new food I'd like to try: Dragonfruit. I've wanted to try it for a while and somehow just never have.

I'm going to do better at: Keeping myself organised.

I hope my 'New Years Inspirations' have inspired you too. Why don't you try and fill in all of the 'This year' list as well instead of listing off random resolutions. 




3 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! I tried to respond to your comment regarding my post, but for some reason I couldn't! LOL..anyways, thank you for kind words and I too think the spinal fusion was worth the pain, though some days I may disagree with that..ha ha! I also loved reading your post and I love all the goals you have set for your self! I especially loved the bible quote you used - as a fellow Christian, I am always excited to see anyone using inspirational quotes from my favorite book! :-) I look forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still working on pictures that show my resolutions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll definitely fill in that list, and check what i achieved when december comes ^^ thx for sharing!! !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...