Sunday 27 July 2014

Travel Essentials

Tomorrow I'm heading out to South Africa for two weeks so I thought now was an appropriate time to share with you some of my favourite things that I've picked up to take with me on my travels. On side note, this will also be my last post until I'm home again as I've been so busy sorting out everything for my trip that advance planning posts for when I'm away got pushed to the back of my list and didn't get done.


My first 'essential' is the carry on perfect Travel Bottle Set from Paperchase. The clear plastic bag is perfectly sized to hold your carry on liquids and unlike most other carry on plastic bags this one has a cute little palm tree image of the front, it makes me dream of being somewhere exotic (I soon will be, eeep!). Inside of the set are two spray bottles, 3 normal lid bottles perfect for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel or bubble bath, and 3 little pots you could put moisturiser, sunscreen, foundation or even an extra pair of earrings in. What I also love about this set is it comes with two sheets of clear stickers with various things you may fill your bottles an pots with so you can label them so you don't forget or mix up what's in them. How handy!

The next item is a super cute world map ticket and document pouch (similar here). This is perfect for keeping your tickets and boarding passes in as well as any important documents you may need from getting lost in the bottom of your bag. The pouch contains 3 sections labelled Documents, Passport and Tickets. This keeps all of your most important papers separate and handy.

My little black Radley leather passport cover is next on my list (similar here). My Nana got this for me not long after I'd booked my trip and it is possibly my favourite of my essentials. This handy little cover contains a clear side to hold your passport and a card holder style layout on the opposite cover. It perfectly fits my passport, vaccine book, a little money for the flight and the 3 cards I'm bringing with me (bank card, railcard and Boots card...just incase I happen to wander in at the airport...). 

Finally is my floppy hat. When I saw on my kit list I needed a wide brimmed hat, as someone who bears a surprising resemblance to a country farmer when wearing a fedora I knew this was my excuse to buy a straw floppy hat. I'm going to be working with wildlife out in South Africa but this hat would see you from Safari to Mediterranean beaches to sunny big city escapes and back home again. Perfect for any sunny holiday!  

So that's my four favourites, essentials if you like, of my packing that anyone could use. I hope you all have a great few weeks, I'll be sharing my adventures once I'm home if you're interested!

1 comment:

  1. Woweee South Africa! Thats insane I'm so jealous...I adore that little document pouch so cute and quirky:)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...